Monday, July 28, 2014

just a summer weekend



The end of our summer is coming fast! Class starts on the 18th of August @_@ this weekend, Fabie's family was having another BBQ (they love them <3) and Fabie invited us over.

I live about an hour and a half away so I always make sure to go early (even if I'm put to work cleaning) to make the most of my time with my friends~

Fabie was still in her pjs when I arrived :P at 12:30pm lol. And of course, I was warned I would be cleaning, so right I away I cleaned the outside table & gazebo and put on seat cushions. Her house has a beautiful garden (that may or may not have given me allergic reactions, lol), so many beautiful flowers that attract butterflies and bird feeders everywhere! Even hummingbird nectar feeders!




After an hour, An and Jay arrived and we started chilling with pizza bagels that Fabie made for us. Since I watched the 2009 Star Trek last time I went, we watched Into Darkness this time. It was really good, although I still think that Kirk looks like a monkey (no offense! cute monkey!). It's always fun to watch anything with these guys, we laugh about the most random things in movies. Fabie and my favorite chill thing to do together is just bum around and watch shows or movies <3 An and Jay get restless eventually, though XD

We put on The Avengers in the background as we played twister (I had gone to Wal-mart that morning with the single intention of buying Twister, my brother had taken the one we had to his home /:) and almost sat on each others' heads X3 the new twister has the option of putting your hand or foot in the air and it actually is kind of horrible! We somehow managed to land all four limbs to be put in the air. Hmmmm if we could levitate…

Our friend Nico came at that point and brought along her younger brother and sister! We hadn't seen her since the beginning of summer break <3 Since Jay, An, and I had already seen The Avengers, we went and played guitar and sang loudly and obnoxiously until the food was ready XD

I wasn't too hungry, but when I helped An put ketchup on her hot dog, the ketchup was "too messy" for her to eat so I ended up eating it =_= An is slightly perfectionist when it comes to some things, let me show you guys how she eats her corn. 

so perfect :0
delicious cake <3

After feasting, we resumed chill time. This included showing Nico our collections of horrible pictures we had gathered of An, Jay, Fabie, Jordan, and me. We basically always screenshot each others' snap chats XD one day, I swear we'll print them all out in a large collage.

We played super smash bros brawl, using team battles and items. Fabie was the best person to team with because she plays Pitt and spams all the time while I play Sheik so we can just shoot arrows and needles to annoy everyone. An plays Bowser and she's getting better and better every time we play, though it's hilarious when she can't get back on the stage X3 Jay plays Ike, so he's a tad slow, and Nico's brother plays Link. Of course, we had to do random to make things fun sometimes <3

After we tired of brawl, we played Just Dance. Oooooooh goodness, Jay and An dancing is probably the most funny thing ever. Don't get me wrong, I love them both to death, but their dancing skills are extremely entertaining. 


don't worry, I have their permission to post pics <3

Oh, and at some point Jay decided to make a mii and this is how it turned out…




And of course, ice cream was our game-time break snack. Fabie's house has a full arsenal of ice cream. They always stock up when Publix has a sale o__o


They have 3x more the amount here...

The best one is Dream Upon a Cookie, it's like eating soft sugar cookies, I think I might dream of it~

After break, we went back to Just Dance and that's all we did that night. Jay, An, and I stayed the night (of course, I'm maxing the time I can spend with them).

The next day, I began my day with a leftover hamburger :D (Sorry this blogpost is a little jumpy, I didn't document my pictures very well DX) The best part of the morning was waking everyone up. Helping An put nail polish on a bug bite (she insists this is an old remedy, and it really does work to soothe it), throwing pillows at Jay, and sneaking into Fabie's room.






And then we went ice skating! Finally, we got to ice skate together (we'd been planning on it since the Spring). However, Jordan was still missing since she couldn't make it to Fabie's house /:




The ice rink was pretty empty, most of the people were taking lessons. I forgot a jacket so I was cold @_@ But it was fun nevertheless. Since it was pretty empty, I could practice skating backwards :D 

After we got tired and hungry (well, I was still full from my hamburger), we went to Chili's. An and Jay got steak. They also ordered some cheesy fries appetizer, which we almost filled our bellies off of XD Fabie and I split some fajitas. They brought all the little toppings in little containers and all the fillings separate, it was so cute~


An's strawberry lemonade and my watermelon lemonade, really tasty and not overly sweet or sour!





On the table, there was this little touch screen thing. While we were waiting for our food, pictures of desserts and drinks scrolled by on the screen. You can order re-fills and desserts while just sitting there! And then a silly trivia thing scrolled by so I tried to answer it and accidentally purchased all access to the apps and games on the device -__- But we did use it to order a dessert, the molten chocolate cake <3 every time the ad for the chocolate cake scrolled by, Fabie would poke me and point at the screen going "look look!" She wanted to come to Chili's just for the cake. And even when we were full, we all  kept wanting to eat the cake~


really drooling now…
And then we used the device to check out! You can swipe your card on the side and a receipt will print out on the bottom. So cool!




Since we were all pregnant with food babies, we wanted to walk around the shopping district. We perused sandals in Rack Room and picked up some fashionable items in TJ Max to try on, but of course we ended up looking super silly XP




Then it was time to go back home~ Still have three weeks of summer left! We're planning one more putting next week before we all move into the apartments after two weeks~

Thanks for reading~

How'd you spend your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such a lovely weekend!! :) x

    www.lalalasunaina.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete