Monday, July 14, 2014

food: family visit



I had an awesome time this weekend when some family came to visit! We had tons of great food (both home-cooked and at restaurants) and fun at a swim meet, the botanical gardens, and just general chilling around the home~




This is homemade Dou Pi, a specialty from Wuhan, China. I haven't had some in years and it's basically my familys' favorite thing to eat when we go back. The top layer is an egg and rice flour batter, inside can be any kind of meat and veggie mixture with sticky rice. We've gone for edamame beans, some pickled veggies, corn, tofu, and ground pork. Dad did a pretty great job for his first try at this! Now he just has to make some Re Gan Mian, Wuhan's specialty noodles! THAT'S what I'm really craving~


 


These three pasta dishes are from Mirko's, where you can choose your pasta noodle, sauce, and protein.  The first picture is my dish, spinach papardelle (very wide, long noodle) with Sorrentino sauce, which is fresh diced tomatoes, basil, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and fresh mozzarella. It was absolutely delicious, very simple and refreshing.

The second dish is gnocchi with Norma sauce, which is eggplant, tomato, basil, and fresh ricotta cheese. I built this dish for my brother, who was running late to lunch.

The third dish is their Lasagna Verde which is spinach lasagna sheets layered with meat sauce, mozzarella, parmigiano, and b├ęchamel. This was the dish my mom ordered and she loved it. 

I wish I had gotten a taste of everyone else's, but I was too engrossed with my own dish <3 I didn't get pictures of four other dishes /: but I know they enjoyed it all~


my ravioli <3

the posole

the frittata

and homemade meatloaf!

On the last day we ate lunch with our visiting family, we went to The Last Resort, a really popular restaurant in downtown that has AMAZING food. I can say we all loved our dishes because all our plates were CLEAN.

And as if the entrees weren't enough, we got FOUR slices of cake. My brothers and I love our desserts and it was awesome to learn that our uncle and cousin are exactly the same with desserts as us. The Last Resort has AMAZING desserts as well.

Dulce de Leche, the best one

Bailey's chocolate

German chocolate

Mounds cheesecake

And that concludes the lovely food we had! (or at least, the ones I had pictures of!)

Thanks for reading~

PS: Where did you last eat out? What did you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment